Home Forums Movies 2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 213 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
32 minutes ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cinema2050
Darren691
Filmnite
    Topics:

Since we don’t really have a frontrunner, can this Queen win it and how do we make it happen?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Since we don’t really have a frontrunner, can this Queen win it and how do we make it happen?

She’s delightful! She moved beyond stereotype and gives a great nuanced perf.
    Fingers crossed!

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

As the legend is back, the best actress category will be extremely exciting!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

What exactly makes Tilda a lock? Almodóvar’s pen? And we’re off to the claims that Jolie is somehow missing again. She’s playing a real life person and has Netflix behind her in a movie that will have worldwide viewership. She’s hitting every precursor and is getting Oscar nod, whether you like it or not. Kidman won Volpi Cup so I won’t bet against her for a nod. Madison & Gascon are the only ones in potential BP contenders, so Tilda has to fight for last spot.

Ultra-raved performance by an iconic ACTRESS directed – and role written – by the king of Melodrama and maybe one of the top actors’ directors to ever grace the screen. Really, Tilda’s problem to win her 2nd is that Gascón would make history. The performance has been seen and received unanimous raves, but Gascón as well. Swinton missing could be only explained by splitting with Julianne, because SPC seems to insist in having them both in Lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m not responsible for your mental deficiencies.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Not people still thinking Swinton will miss…

submitting two leads from the same movie will split votes

and it’s not like the co lead was an unknown actress, it’s julianne moore
    she’s known and has a following in the actors branch

both will split votes and most likely end up snubbed

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

isses, it will be a shock. She checks many boxes for a first-time nominee.

Why a shock? How many critics awards has she garnered already? To my knowledge GG, SAG and BAFTA nominations haven’t been announced, so it’s impossible she checked many boxes. Her movie even failed to win tiff people choice award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Demi Moore has put in the work – Few Good Men, Ghost, Bobby, Margin Call. Films that either scored Oscar nods or campaigned heavily for them. She was a go-to headliner for films at one point in her career. And even now she gets primo roles in event television.

You may dismiss the genre of the film. But dismiss Moore’s credentials at your own peril.

I think so … can someone clarify on here that you need a certain number of number 1 votes on the acting branch lists to secure that nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Ultra-raved performance by an iconic ACTRESS directed – and role written – by the king of Melodrama and maybe one of the top actors’ directors to ever grace the screen. Really, Tilda’s problem to win her 2nd is that Gascón would make history. The performance has been seen and received unanimous raves, but Gascón as well. Swinton missing could be only explained by splitting with Julianne, because SPC seems to insist in having them both in Lead.

Tilda missing could also be explained by the generally “meh” first reactions, though, especially if other contenders are creating more passion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

only 7 deviant roles got nomed in the category last decade. they’re:

96th, Stone, Poor Thing

95th, Yeoh, EEAAO

94th, Colman, The Lost Daughter

93rd, Mulligan, PYM

90th, Hawkins, TSoW

89th, Huppert, Elle

87th, Pike, Gone Girl

so Adams, Kidman, D.Moore are fighting for one spot basically. compared to A24 and Searchlight, MUBI is too weak. and since Kidman is more raved both her performance and the film itself, I guess it’s her to land the annual quota.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

How cool would it be seeing five women we’re not used to seeing in contention?

Karla
    JLo
    Pam
    Mikey
    Demi

Or another. They’re poised.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Come on Karla!! She was awarded Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the french cultural counselor during a NY screening of Emilia Pérez

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

almodovar’s 12th best reviewed movie isn’t coming anywhere close to any Oscar wins

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

only 7 deviant roles got nomed in the category last decade. they’re: 96th, Stone, Poor Thing 95th, Yeoh, EEAAO 94th, Colman, The Lost Daughter 93rd, Mulligan, PYM 90th, Hawkins, TSoW 89th, Huppert, Elle 87th, Pike, Gone Girl so Adams, Kidman, D.Moore are fighting for one spot basically. compared to A24 and Searchlight, MUBI is too weak. and since Kidman is more raved both her performance and the film itself, I guess it’s her to land the annual quota.

That’s what I’ve been saying, but having all D.Moore, Kidman, and Adam, doesn’t make sense. If you think D.Moore could make it, then you better drop Kidman and Adam from your lineup, or if you think Adam would make it, then drop the other two, and so on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

That’s what I’ve been saying, but having all D.Moore, Kidman, and Adam, doesn’t make sense. If you think D.Moore could make it, then you better drop Kidman and Adam from your lineup, or if you think Adam would make it, then drop the other two, and so on.

exactly, just like some’s predicting Swinton, Ronan, Torres will be all in. it doesn’t make sense, no company can land 3 spots in the category. SPC only grabbed 2 once with Leo & Hathaway in the company’s 32 year history. 2 is a longshot already, 3 is impossible. we needa be practical.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.