Home Forums Movies 2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 213 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
21 minutes ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cinema2050
Darren691
Filmnite
    Topics:

Ok I know she probably have no chance this year… but I just saw Lee and Kate Winslet was sublime. What a performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Kate and Demi won’t happen imho. sad. 😭 😭 😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

As the legend is back, the best actress category will be extremely exciting!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Someone please tell me about Nicole Kidman’s Holland Michigan,,is the movie will release this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Grassroot campaign took place in 2023 because the distributor had no money to promote To Leslie. Mubi has been promoting The Substance since May. They are properly campaigning for Demi.

[/quote]06]I don’t know how to explain this, in both cases if demi gets in or not, the grassroots campaign will affect other contenders in the race,[/quote]

The Women King is a good film with good performance but it certainly not an awards film. Viola Davis got precursors because she is Viola Davis. Her character was a totally underwritten generic strong woman and you cant get an oscar nomination with that.

happened to Viola and Danielle Deadwyler (that despite hitting every precursor, they could not gather enough #1s to get to the final 5, many of them went towards Risebourough)

Greta Lee was absolutely  terrible in Past Lives. Not only  Oscars, but she missed SAG and Bafta too . All the critics awards nominations mean absolutely  nothing when your acting is bad. Margot didn’t have a shot performing plastic doll. Not with script anyway.

And I also suspect that was the case for Margot and Greta Lee’s snubs in past January.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

There are horror films and there are horror films. People always give the example of Toni Collette and Lupita Nyong’o. Hereditary is a proper supernatural horror with demon summoning and some family drama but still a horror and I love it. Us was very underwhelming  film and as if today I am still not sure about its message. Also, These films were not even released during awards season and critics helped them to be in the conversation.

I would love to see Demi Moore nominated for The Substance but it was such a tough watch — and I’ve only seen the film’s R-16 cut. I can see some Academy members turning this off halfway through seeing it, which is a shame.

The message of The Substance ( and the core of Demi Moore’s campaign ) is ” being an aging star in Hollywood and feeling unwelcome”  and its message is right in the beginning of the film ( possibly in the first 20 mins ) so It doesn’t really matter  if the voters are turned off half way though the film.

Many actresses or even actors would face losing popularity and not getting proper roles at some point in their career and understand and appreciate the film’s message. They will also understand is that The substances’ insanity is just symbolic.

Do I think Demi has a shot ? Well Her chance is depends on how the other actresses perform during  the awards season. Critics said that it is the best performance of her career , if they genuine about it then they should nominate or give some awards how they did to Collette and  Nyong’o. So we will see.

Do we think Demi Moore will survive the Academy’s bias against horror films with her performance in The Substance?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Very true,  Elizabeth Sparkle presents actresses who are considered ” old “ for Hollywood. I believe many actresses who ended up playing grandma roles at the age of 40, will resonate with Elizeabeth Sparkle very well.

Elizabeth Sparkle is a role meant for awards, Demi Moore should be sweeping left and right with that kind of performance. Let’s see if the academy is bold enough to give her a nomination at least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Someone please tell me about Nicole Kidman’s Holland Michigan,,is the movie will release this year.

I believe this will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January and therefore be released later in 2025

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I just can’t wait for Holland, Michigan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I sincerely have no idea how Nicole works to relentlessly. Her management team must be the most organised in the industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is really one of the greatest actresses we have in the Century. So hard working actress And glad she won AFI life achievement award this year and also won Volpi cup in the same year . What a career!

It will be nice to watch her at the Oscars next year with Babygirl.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

A part of me is starting to believe Demi will actually happen and at the same time I don’t trust the Academy.

EGOT & Triple Crown of Acting winner, VIOLA DAVIS
    2-time Oscar winner, EMMA STONE
    Emmy & Tony winner, JODIE COMER
    Emmy & Olivier winner, SARAH SNOOK
    Berlinale winner & Emmy nominee, SEBASTIAN STAN

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Madison doesnt deserve an oscar nom. It is a lightweight performance she doesnt go places like Jean Baptiste, Demi,Amy and Nicole. I know she would not be in my top 5. Gascon I would cuz she seems to be doing something profound but I’d swapped her with Gomez and move Saldana to lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

so happy to see her talent being recognized

and she’s already booking things she would’ve never in the past!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.