Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

frithjof_v
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Custom Direct Lake semantic model - refresh tables icon missing

I made some changes to a table in my Lakehouse, adding some columns and dropping some columns.

I am using the table in my custom (new) direct lake semantic model, and I want to refresh the table layout in the semantic model so that the new columns become visible and the dropped columns get removed from the direct lake semantic model.

In this Guy In A Cube video, they say that I need to click the refresh button. 

frithjof_v_0-1727538715802.png

Adding a column to your Lakehouse? Where is it in the Semantic Model??? (youtube.com)

However, I cannot find this button in my custom direct lake semantic model. Has this button been removed? How can I update my table schema (columns) in the semantic model now?

frithjof_v_1-1727538966810.png

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
frithjof_v
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I think I found the answer, I just had to click the Confirm button without doing anything else.

"Selecting the Confirm button with no changes initiates a schema sync. Any table changes in the data source, such as an added or removed column, are applied to the semantic model."

Edit tables for Direct Lake semantic models - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors